- Special care and attention is important for minors traveling alone. Our policy has been designed to provide their needs and the best possible service on ground and onboard.
- Children ages 6 to 12 MUST travel as an unaccompanied Minor (UM) on AWA.
- AWA ground staff will assist the UM with checking-in, transfers and boarding.
- Details of the parent/guardian at the destination must be provided by the parent/guardian during reservation.
- Proof of age of UM such as a valid passport, birth certificate or National Health Insurance Card should be presented at check-in.
- Parents and guardians picking up an UM should be at the gate 30 minutes prior to scheduled arrival and present a valid photo ID to an AWA
representative in order to facilitate the transfer of the UM between the designated parties. AWA will not release an Unaccompanied Minor to anyone other than the designated parent or guardian. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to ensure changes of the designated pick-up parent/guardian are arranged with a AWA Representative at an AWA’s ticket counter prior to the child’s arrival.
- Once onboard, a flight attendant will visually observe and/or communicate with an UM periodically as other duties allow. UM are NOT monitored continuously throughout the flight.
- AWA reserves the right not to transport UM on flights that may be diverted or cancelled due to weather or other operational disruptions.
- UMs are allowed to travel on ONLY non-stop or same-plane service (makes one or two stops but does not require a change of planes or flight number).
- AWA does not assume responsibility for an UM’s actions. Therefore the parent/guardian agrees to release Africa World Airlines for any injury or
damages caused by or occurred as a result of an UM and injuries to the UM caused by his or her own negligence.
- Should the UM’s travel be disrupted or should the person(s) designated fail to meet the Unaccompanied Minor upon arrival at the destination
airport, AWA is authorized to take whatever action is reasonable and necessary under the circumstances.
The parent or guardian agrees to reimburse AWA for its expenses incurred in taking such action.
If these Terms and Conditions are not met, AWA reserves the right not to provide travel to the Unaccompanied Minor.