Expectant mothers are permitted to fly until the 28th week of pregnancy without a medical certificate.
- From the 28th – 34th week: provide a medical certificate from her obstetrician stating that the pregnancy is progressing normally, without complications and the expected delivery date.
- Flying with AWA post 34th week is NOT permitted under any circumstances.
- Please note that for a pregnancy of less than 28 weeks the passenger should ideally be in possession of a medical certificate stating the duration of pregnancy at date of travel.
- These passengers will not be allocated emergency exit seats.
- Post delivery, the mother is permitted to fly 48 hours after normal delivery provided she has a certificate from her obstetrician stating she is fit to fly.
- A fit to fly certificate is needed from the 28th week to the end of 34th week.
- Babies must be 14-days old and above to be accepted to fly